15 real-talk comics about the struggles women go through on a daily basis.
Christina De Witte was experiencing a lot of typical “girly things,” and she thought it would be cool to start drawing some of those funny-cause-they’re-true scenarios.
Fast-forward and she’s now publishing her comics full-time under the name Chrostin. Get it, girl! She saw a demand for more of her delightful illustrations once people started to notice them and tell her how they relate to them.
“Its pretty easy to keep these kind of topics alive, because every single day has its own little struggles. So each and every day gives me inspiration!” De Witte says.
Check out 15 of her simple yet insightful comics depicting women in everyday, all too real situations (pretty and not):
1. Things that make you feel confident.
2. And shoes! So much truth, am I right?
3. Because … Beyonc.
4. Hey, there’s no shame in our sunglasses game.
5. Don’t sweat it. The world is our runway every day.
6. A girl always needs her beauty rest.
7. Sometimes there’s no in-between. #sorrynotsorry
8. Yep. Looks exactly right.
9. Every. Single. Time.
10. No shaved legs? No problem! Do you.
11. Patience while sunbathing is not a virtue.
12. There is absolutely no shame in padding!
13. The snooze button is our best friend/worst enemy.
14. To go the sexy route or not on Halloween? That is the question.
15. We all have hair goals, and there’s no shame in that.
It’s not just women who are relating to De Witte’s amusing comics, either.
She says she gets messages from male fans, too.
“That’s one thing I like about Chrostin. I draw myself as a ‘struggling young lady’ but no one said these are just exclusively for women!”
Her primary goal with these delightful drawings is to make people laugh, although she admits some of her illustrations do have more meaningful messages behind them than others. Like when it all seems too much and you just want to throw yourself on the ground. Or when you’ve having a bad day but hope a cute outfit can help you turn that frown upside down.
De Witte’s message is simple but powerful. She wants to remind everyone with her comics that it’s OK to feel like you’re a total mess sometimes. That’s something we can all relate to.